In this how-to I will walkthrough how to connect your seller Shopify Account to Ally. By "seller" I am referring to selling other brands products on your store.
If you'd like to connect a Shopify store as a brand read this instead.
Before you start
1) Your Shopify URL that looks something like: ally.myshopify.com (without the https, www and any other extra params to the link)
2) Access to install apps on your Shopify Store
3) Ally account
Estimated Setup Time: 5-10 minutes
1) Go to your Shopify Admin and click the Apps Tab
2) Click Manage private apps
3) Click "Create new Private App". Please note, if you already have private apps on your Shopify Account, the button to create new private app will be in the top right corner.
4) Enter 'Ally' as app name and 'email@example.com' as developer email.
5) Scroll down to the Admin Api Section. And click 'Show inactive Admin API permissions'
6) Set the following items as Read/Write Permissions:
- Assigned fulfillment orders
- Draft Orders
- Fulfillment services
- Merchant-managed fulfillment orders
- Order editing
- Price rules
- Product listings
- Shop locale
- Third-party fulfillment orders
By clicking on the dialog and selecting Read/Write from the dropdown.
The result should be the following:
7) Click Save
8) Click Create App
9) Click Show Password
10) Copy and Save the password for a future step.
11) Log into Ally and go to the Settings Tab
12) Click the Sell Tab
13) Turn on Sell, by clicking the switch on.
14) Click Connect Shopify